Deceased individuals who meet any of the following criteria are eligible to have their names recorded on a Memorial Stone at the site of the Royal Auxiliary Air Force Memorial at the National Memorial Arboretum:
- Have served in the Auxiliary Air Force or the Royal Auxiliary Air Force
- Have served in the Royal Air Force Companies of the all-female Auxiliary Territorial Service
- Have served on an Auxiliary Air Force unit or a Royal Auxiliary Air Force unit whilst a member of the Royal Air Force, the Womens’ Auxiliary Air Force or the Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve.
- Have held an Honorary rank in the Royal Auxiliary Air Force.
- Exceptionally, have otherwise merited eligibility in the opinion of a majority of Foundation Trustees
MEMORIAL STONE DETAILS
The Stones are made of granite and measure 10” by 6” by 4”. The cost of a Stone is £150.
A list of the Stones currently installed at the Memorial can be accessed via the web-link at the top of this page.
APPLYING FOR A MEMORIAL STONE
To apply for a Memorial Stone, please complete the on-line Memorial Stone Order Form.
Applications will be reviewed for eligibility by Foundation Trustees.
A biography for each individual may be included with the application. It should contain a maximum of 750 words and 2 pictures. The biography will be listed on this website on the List of Memorial Stones pages; it can also be accessed at the site of the Memorial through the QR code displayed in front of the Memorial.