Deceased individuals are eligible to have their names recorded on a Memorial Stone at the site of the Royal Auxiliary Air Force Memorial at the National Memorial Arboretum. To qualify, they must have:
- Served in the Auxiliary Air Force
- Served in the Royal Air Force Companies of the all-female Auxiliary Territorial Service
- Served in the Royal Auxiliary Air Force
- Served on an Auxiliary Air Force unit or a Royal Auxiliary Air Force unit whilst a member of the Royal Air Force, the Womens’ Auxiliary Air Force, the Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve or the Womens’ Royal Auxiliary Air Force
- Been a Royal Auxiliary Air Force Honorary Air Commodore or Honorary Inspector-General.
- Exceptionally, have otherwise merited eligibility in the opinion of a majority of Foundation Trustees
MEMORIAL STONE DETAILS
The Stones are made of granite and measure 10” by 6” by 4”. The cost of a Stone is £150.
A list of the Stones currently installed at the Memorial can be accessed via the web-link at the top of this page.
APPLYING FOR A MEMORIAL STONE
You can apply for up to 3 Memorial Stones for eligible individuals To do so, please complete the Memorial Stone Order Form which can be accessed via the web link at the top of this page.
Applications will be reviewed for eligibility by Foundation Trustees.
A biography for each individual may be included with the application. It should contain a maximum of 750 words and 2 pictures. The biography will be listed on this website on the Current List of Memorial Stones pages; it can also be accessed through the QR code displayed by the Memorial Stones at the Memorial.